H.I.M. Food Bank is a non-profit agency as designated by the IRS: section 501(c)3. We rely on the generous contributions of faithful friends, local businesses, and corporate donors who share our vision of feeding the hungry. Currently, we serve over 50,000 individuals across North Texas through our Bagged Groceries program, Healthy Families program, Partner Pantry program, and Disaster Relief program. However, it does not stop there. We also participate in the National Angel Food program, Vitamin Relief USA program and we are actively involved in spreading the word about the importance of recycling and going green.
Harvesting International Ministries, Inc. was founded in 1987 in El Paso, Texas, as White Harvesting Ministries. Our goal was simple; provide hot meals to the homeless. Today, our name has changed and we have relocated our corporate office to Mansfield Texas, but our goal remains the same; feed those in need.
Harvesting International Ministry Food Bank provides emergency assistance to children and families affected by natural disasters and works with communities to develop long-term solutions to poverty. We serve approximately 100 thousand people in over 25 counties throughout North Texas. Our work is evident in over 75 communities, where we join with local people to find lasting ways to improve the lives of impoverished children and families.
To achieve sustainable transformation, Harvesting International Ministry Food Bank is dedicated to building the capacity of individuals in need and the groups that serve them. In fiscal 2008, Harvesting International served approximately 500,000 people-more than 250,000 of them children.
Our goal is to give every child the chance to thrive and experience life in all its fullness. Children and families unable to afford necessities that many of us take for granted are being helped by local partners that include schools, churches, food pantries, homeless shelters, and others nonprofit agencies who share our passion for serving those in need.
- Organization and training center for global missions
- Unifying the Body of Christ in a common redemptive purpose by organizing cross-denominational, inter-racial, cross-cultural missions.
- Provide opportunities for young people to participate in mission trips to increase their global awareness and cultural sensitivity.
- Training and facilitating local missions
- Further developing and expanding our outreach programs such as teen projects, unwed mothers, daycare center, street reach, single parents, etc.
- Enable, mentor and enhance the outreach efforts of other local agencies.
- Provide a haven for the disenfranchised and dispossessed